Friday 25 October 2019


The half term is upon us and I think everyone is glad. We have just completed the longest half-term of the year and we do have some very tired children in school. I do smile when I see some suggestions from people who obviously do not work in schools that we have longer terms because they just have to come into a school to see how the children are before a holiday and they would realise what a bad idea that is.

I have seen a lot of you in school this week as it has been Parent Consultation Week. I have heard lots of positive comments back from my teachers regarding the meetings. For the autumn consultations I always sit in on the Year 6 who have to present their learning and targets to their parents and I always really enjoy taking part in them. Even though the Year 6 pupils always get nervous before these presentations (and some more than others) they always do a good job and appear to enjoy the whole process. I would like to remind you that if you do have any concerns about your child you do not have to wait for a parent consultation to discuss it and you can make an appointment at any time with the class teacher throughout the year.

It has been brought to my attention that some children are wearing trainers to school and not school shoes. It does state quite clearly in our uniform list that children should wear ‘formal, non-casual, waterproof black shoes (not sneakers or canvas shoes)’ and a lot of children are wearing canvas trainers which is not uniform. If you have any problem ensuring that your child does have the correct footwear please do not hesitate to contact me. May I also remind you that all KS2 children should be in winter uniform after the half term break which includes a tie. I have seen a couple of children in school in winter uniform not wearing a tie.

I hope you all have a great half term but before I sign off may I remind you all about our firework display on Sunday, November 3rd. The gates open at 4.30pm and the fireworks are being set off at 6.00pm. The PTA are still looking for some volunteers so if you have not signed up to help and would like to the list is at the school office. I hope to see many of you there as I know it is going to be a fabulous event and it is finishing early enough so that the children can go to bed at a good time to ensure that they are ready to return to school on November 4th.

No comments: