Friday 6 December 2019


As you know we had to cancel the PTA Christmas Hunt because of the forecast of bad weather. It has been rescheduled for next Thursday when we can guarantee that it will take place as it will be held indoors if it is raining outside.  I hope we will still be able to see many of you then as I know the children love events like this. Those of you who are attending the Foundation stage and Key Stage One Christmas performances will be able to buy tickets for the Christmas hampers in advance of the Christmas CafĂ© (where the draw will be held) as tickets will be on sale at these performances.

You may not have seen me around much this week as I have had a lot of meetings to attend – I think they have all been held this week so that they do not interfere with the Christmas shows. I am just telling you this in case you have been wondering where I have been and so I can assure you that I have been working – I have not been giving myself time off to go Christmas shopping.

However, now that I have mentioned the ‘C’ word I can let you know that we are in full swing with our preparations for Christmas. Next week, as I mentioned above, our younger children are performing their Christmas shows for their families and friends and I am very excited about seeing them. These shows are one of the highlights of my year and I know parents really look forward to seeing them as well.

On Wednesday afternoon we have our ‘Open afternoon’ where parents who have children in classes Year 1 – Year 6 can look at the learning their children have produced over the last half term. It runs from 3.00pm – 4.30pm. We start it during the school day as the children really enjoy sharing their learning with their parents. If your child is in Year 1 or 2 you can look at their books after the show and take your children home early rather than wait around for the end of the school day. You can also take any older children home early as well.

We have our Christmas lunch next week on Thursday. The children look forward to this because it is the only time in the year when the teachers serve them their meal. The teachers also sing some carols to them but I do not think that they look forward to that as much.

On Friday it is Christmas Jumper Day. This is a national fundraising event which supports many people in need. The charity asks that everyone brings in £2 for being allowed to wear a Christmas jumper at school or work but if that is too much at this time of year please just donate £1. We are hoping to put together a little video of all the children in their Christmas jumpers so if you would rather your children did not take part in this video please let the school office know.

That is all for now. As you can see it is a really busy week next week in school so please try and let the children get some rest over the weekend. We have had a few children going down with viruses which is common at this time of year but we would like them all to be in for the last two weeks of term as there are lots of fun activities taking part for them to enjoy.

No comments: