Friday 20 December 2019


The end of term has finally arrived. I know all the children are very happy because it means that Christmas Day is getting closer and Father Christmas will finally be making his deliveries. It has been an enjoyable week in school for them though because of all the Christmas activities. On Monday we had our Christmas Carol Concert which was well attended and very well received. I would like to congratulate all the children on their very good performances, especially those that did readings or performed solos. It takes great courage to stand up in front of a lot of people and all our children did it very well. I would also like to thank all the staff for their hard work in putting the concert together.

On Wednesday and Thursday we had our Christmas parties which the children really enjoyed. Father Christmas actually turned up at the Foundation and KS1 parties so the children were very pleased about that. This morning we have had our Annual Christmas pantomime. I am typing this whilst it is going on and I can hear whoops of delight coming from the children. I do like to send the children off on a high for the Christmas holidays and the pantomime certainly helps to do that. The last thing we will do this afternoon before we break up is to all sing ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ together. This performance does not have much musical merit but is hugely enjoyed by the children.

All that is left for me to do now is to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would also like to thank all the people who sent me Christmas gifts – they are all lovely and very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you all again in the new year when we return which is on Tuesday, January 7th.

No comments: