Friday 31 January 2020


I cannot believe that it is the last day of January –where did that month go? Thankfully that means that winter is flying by and before we know it Spring will be upon us –let us hope that it means an end to the dark skies and the rain – I think I can manage anything rather than the endless rainy weather that we have been experiencing recently.

However, enough about the weather and let us turn to more pleasant things. This morning we all had a treat in school because it was the Year 3 assembly. They gave us a great presentation of the learning that they have covered so far in Year 3 – they did an excellent job and should all be very proud of themselves. I would also like to thank Miss Davis, Mrs Reynolds and Mrs Ameen for all their hard work in helping them put the assembly together.

When I was writing my blog last week you will remember me telling you that I was getting ready to go to the 02 with the choir to perform in a Young Voices concert. This year we were lucky enough to be put into two of the boxes to perform so it meant that we all got to experience a little bit of VIP treatment. The parents who came to watch were not so lucky because their seats were high up but they still managed to see all of us. There was a great atmosphere and the children really enjoyed being part of such a large show. I would like to thank them all for representing the school so well and I would also like to thank Miss Bradford, Mrs Lawrence and Mrs Robinson for all their hard work in preparing the choir for this - they have been practising for this since September. The next big thing for the choir is getting ready for a performance at the Albert Hall in March –this showbiz life is very exciting.

You may also remember that we had a Mufti day last Friday to help raise money for those affected by the Australian bushfires. I am glad to say that we managed to raise an impressive £354.29 towards the fund and I would like to thank all of you who gave so generously.

That is all for now. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: