Friday 17 January 2020


The term is well underway now and Christmas seems a distant memory although looking at my body that is not the case as I still have the aftermath of Christmas around my waistline. All the clubs have started again and although the weather has not always been our friend we have still managed to run them. I hope we see less rain as all the league matches will be starting again soon and the children do hate to miss a match.

I am sure that the children have told you but we have started doing the ‘Daily Mile‘ in school with the children. This is something that I have not done in the past because we already have a lot of PE in our timetable but I have heard and read about the benefits of it so much that I decided that we should start doing it. Research has shown that it not only has a positive impact on children’s health but also on their general well-being and attainment in school. I know not all of the children enjoy it so I do hope that if your child is one of these that you can discuss the benefits with them – I am sure that the more we do it the more they will get used to it.

Next week you will see that we are having a Mufti day to raise money for those places and people that have been affected by the Australian bush fires. I know that we will all have seen the horrific scenes about what is happening in Australia and I think that it is a really good cause for the school to support. As it is such a worthy cause and because they need urgent help I am leaving it down to individual families about how much they want to donate but it must be a minimum of a £1. Some of the children will also be coming out at the end of the school day to collect contributions from parents so please remember to bring some small change with you on that day.

That is all for now. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing you all at the school gate on Monday morning.

No comments: