Friday 7 February 2020


I got a real shock when I was setting the dates for next week when I realised that we break up for half term on Friday - where has the time gone? We have even had some lovely sunny weather this week which could allow us to believe that spring is on its way although I think some of the weather we are expected to experience this weekend will let us know that it is still winter.

As some of you know, I am using our sports premium money this year to pay for the children to attend an ‘outdoor and adventurous’ activity. The Reception children and Years 1-3 have been signed up to attend the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead for a ‘rubber tubing’ experience. The Reception children went on Wednesday and even though a couple of them were a little timid and frightened at first they all really enjoyed themselves. I do think it is good that we can provide the children with these adventures outside of their normal experiences as it is good to extend their experiences in all areas of their lives. Next week the children in Year 2 will get the chance to go to the Snow Centre.

Next week is a busy week in school. On Monday morning we have one of our Sharing Assemblies and if your child is taking part in this one you will have been notified by letter this week. On Wednesday afternoon it is an ‘Open Afternoon’ for parents. This means that parents with children in Years 1 – 6 are allowed to come into school to look at their children’s learning over the last half term. We run these afternoons from 3.00pm – 4.30pm to enable parents to share the learning with their children.

I hope that if the expected wind comes this weekend that you do not get blown away.  Excuse me if I come out dancing on Monday morning but I am going to watch the ‘Strictly Come Dancing‘ tour this weekend and it may give me some ideas that I want to try for myself. For those romantics amongst you it is Valentine’s Day next Friday so if you want to be well prepared for the day you will need to organise something this weekend to ensure that your loved one feels loved and cherished. Have a good weekend.

No comments: