Friday 28 February 2020


I hope you all had a great half term and are glad to be back at school. As usual everyone has settled back into their routine very quickly but I would have liked better weather to welcome us back. I am bored with the dark mornings and wet weather so I hope as March arrives we can experience some fresh, spring weather.

I know that with all the news coverage that some parents are getting very anxious about the coronavirus but I would like to reassure everyone that we are following all the guidance and sending you updates as we receive them. We have been told that the risk of catching it is still very low in England and if you follow good basic hygiene you reduce the risk of all viruses spreading dramatically – good hand cleaning is especially important and to support this we are putting hand sanitisers in all the classrooms.

Next week is another busy week in school. On Tuesday we have the NSPCC coming into school to talk to the children in KS1 and KS2 about how they can keep themselves safe. Thursday is World Book Day when we would like all the children to come into school dressed as their favourite book character. We would also like them to bring in a book they enjoy reading as we are going to have a whole school reading session during the morning. This is a very important day for us at Little Heath as we love to promote the importance of reading.

Some members of the choir are also going to perform at the Albert Hall on Sunday 8th March. This is a great event for them to attend and I know they are looking forward to taking part. I would like to thank Mrs. Lawrence, Mrs Robinson and Miss Bradford for all their hard work in preparing them for this concert.

I hope you have a lovely weekend – more rain is forecast but I hope you will not let it dampen your spirits. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: