Friday 27 March 2020

Dear Everyone

I hope you are all well and not finding the lockdown too difficult. It is a different way to live and I am sure we have all been going through a week of readjustment this week. My husband (who is also working from home) keeps suggesting all the jobs that we can get done and I am now finding that the reason all those jobs do no get done is not just because I do not have the time - I really just do not want to do them!

I hope the children are all managing their work well and it is not proving too much of a challenge to motivate them to do it. It is a period of re-adjustment for them as well and it may take some of them longer to adapt to their new routine. Remember if you do need any support with their learning you can contact all the teachers by email. Please do not come to the school for support. We do have a skeleton staff in school to provide childcare for critical and key workers but we need to keep these numbers as low as possible to enable us to manage this horrible virus.

I am sure that many of you, like me, joined in with the national clapping to show our appreciation of all the NHS workers who are at the front line in fighting this virus. It made me feel quite emotional to hear all the noise and I hope they do feel appreciated. I also feel that we should show our appreciation for all the people who are continuing to work at this difficult time such as shopkeepers, delivery drivers and cleaners. I know the list is much longer than this but without all these dedicated people the country would fall apart and we do not need that at this critical time.

Keep yourself safe and remember to keep washing your hands and observe social distancing.

No comments: