Friday 20 March 2020


I am not going to include much in my blog this week because I have already shared many communications with you. These are indeed extraordinary times and they are certainly circumstances that I never expected to find myself in but then everyone is feeling like that. I do not know when the school will be open as normal again but let us hope that it is soon. I think it is only today that it has really hit home to the children that school is actually going to finish and whilst some of them appear excited at the prospect I know they are going to miss being here and we will miss seeing them.

We have sent many communications out about the work that we are going to provide for them so I will not discuss it again but do try to get them into a routine so they are completing some work every day. This will ensure that they maintain good learning practices for when they return to school. Staff can be communicated with by email (during normal school hours which are 8.20am – 3.20pm) but please remember that the work will not be exactly the same as they do in the school because the teachers are not there to teach them in person. Also remember that reading is very important and so it is also important that they read something every single day.

We will be sending you regular updates about the situation so please keep checking the website. I will see a few of you next week but to everybody else I hope you all keep well and I look forward to seeing you all again in the not too distance future.

No comments: