Friday 13 March 2020


Looking out of my window today it looks like I am working in a sports centre as everyone is dressed in sportswear. As you all know it is Sports Relief Day which explains the clothes and the children have been taking part in extra sports activities today which I would like to thank Mr Mills for organising. I would also like to thank you all for the donations that you sent in. We have not got the final total yet but I will let you know how much we raised next week.
My week started early as I was at the Albert Hall on Sunday with some of the choir members. It was a very impressive event and all the children really enjoyed performing in such an impressive venue. Although it was an early start for everybody for a Sunday (8.00am) the children all did themselves and the school proud – it was a pleasure to be with them for the day. I would like to thank Mrs Lawrence, Miss Bradford and Mrs Robinson for preparing the children for the event and for supporting them on the day.
The Coronavirus has been dominating the news again and has entered into our school community again. Public Health England are now advising people with flu like symptoms to self-isolate and I have sent a letter home about this today. As I have informed you I am following Public Health England advice all of the time and I will contact you if anything needs to change about the way we are responding to the Coronavirus.
Fortunately, the children in school appear to be unaffected by the situation caused by the Coronavirus and are going about their daily lives in the usual way. We finished second in the Potters Bar School Indoor Athletic Tournament this week and the girls have got a football match against Brookmans Park next week. We also have the Year 2 assembly taking place next week so there is plenty to look forward to.  All these events will take place unless we get guidance advising us not to do so.
I hope you all have a great weekend. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: