Friday 19 June 2020


It has been a very busy week for me – trying to manage all these government guidelines is proving very trying for me. As you know we have now made arrangements for Years 2, 3, 4 and 5 to join us for a few days to allow them to have a little ‘closure’ with the school year. It has been very complex to organise whilst still following regulations and I know there was a glitch with the form that we sent out which did not help things. Some parents have thought that our timeframes for collecting information have been a little tight but unfortunately this is how we have to operate at the moment. All I can say is that we have really tried to please as many people as possible and I hope that the children who do come into school have an enjoyable time.
I have some sad news to share with you in that we are losing some of our teachers this term. Miss Bradford, Mr da Rocha, Mrs Pittson and Mrs Zegallo are leaving us. I am sure that you will join me in thanking them all for all their hard work and dedication that they have given Little Heath and wish them all every success for their futures. We have appointed new teachers to replace them and they are Miss Hannah Huntley and Mrs Andri-Anna Bidder. I will be sending out the new class list soon so you will know which teacher your child will have next year. As yet the government have not sent out any guidance relating to September so how we will operate then is still a mystery to us. Some people seem to think that we receive this information before the announcement is made by the government but I can assure you that this is not the case – very often we hear the announcements at the same time as you and then we have to wait for the guidance to be sent to us to inform us about how they want us to implement the changes. It is very frustrating but I suppose we all have to make allowances during these unchartered times.
I hope you all have a good weekend –the weather is a little mixed but the good news is that summer appears to return next week. It is something to look forward to as well as welcoming back some of our Year 5 children.

No comments: