Friday 3 July 2020

You will all know by now that the guidance for the return of children to school in September was officially published yesterday. We have read it and are starting our preparations for how we will run the school in September. As soon as we have written these and had them approved by the governors we will inform you of what the arrangements are. I know that these have been very trying times for everyone and I would like to thank everyone for the support they have shown the school over the last couple of months. As I mentioned last week in my blog that as we are having more children returning to school we have more cars outside of the school. Whilst this is entirely understandable I did ask that parents follow the usual transport rules and do not park in the area in front of the school. This is especially important with social distancing as some parents are having to stand on the road outside of the school to ensure that they keep a safe distance from other people. Unfortunately, one or two parents are driving right up to the school gates when they are dropping their children off and I would ask that they stop. As I also said last week in my blog the church car park is still open for parents to use at drop off and pick up times. I know that for many of you that having a break from home learning will be a welcome relief when the summer holidays arrive. I do think that many of you have done a really good job and it is certainly not easy being a parent and a teacher. Even when the holidays come though I would ask that you try and sustain the reading with your children. It only has to be for 5 or 10 minutes at a time for a few days each week. We will be making modifications to our curriculum in September to help accommodate for the fact that the children have not been in full time education for a couple of months but it will support us if the children’s reading skills are as good as they can be. Although many children in Little Heath love reading I am aware of the challenge this could be for some of you but if you stick with it will have a positive impact on your children’s learning when they return in September. You could encourage them to take part in this year’s reading challenge which is called Silly Squad- details about it are in our latest newsletter. I hope you all have a great weekend. I am looking forward to meeting up with the Year 3 next week. Remember that the starting time for the ‘additional class’ each week is 9.15 am and that they finish at 3.15pm. Drop off and pick up is from the infant playground.

No comments: