Friday 6 September 2024

So here we are at the end of the first week of the new school year, and my first week as Headteacher of Little Heath. I wanted to thank all of the parents who I have had the pleasure to talk to this week for your kind words, encouragement and continued support and trust.

Following on from my letter that was sent out yesterday, I would like to welcome everyone back and extend a special welcome to all the new families who have joined our school community. It’s wonderful to have you with us, and I hope you are starting to feel at home here already. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything we can do to support you and your child.

It has been an absolute pleasure to see the school buzzing with energy once again this week after the summer break. The children have settled in remarkably well, and it’s clear that they are excited and ready for the year ahead. Although it may have been a short week, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the wonderful start we've had and to thank the children for coming back being respectful, safe and ready to learn.

Before I finish, I would like to welcome our new members of staff to the school. My new Deputy Headteacher, Mr Chanter, has joined me in leading the assemblies for the last couple of days and I know that he has been very impressed with the children and the school so far and he is looking forward to meeting and getting to know as many of you as he can as we go through the term. Alongside Mr Chanter, Mrs Edwards will also be teaching in Year 4 for one day a week and she reported how well the children had settled back in today which is great to hear. Mrs Spencer is our final new member of staff and she will be working in Year 2 so do say hello to her if you see her in the morning.

Here’s to a fantastic year ahead. I look forward to seeing all that our children will achieve in the coming months.

Wishing you all a restful and enjoyable weekend.

Regards,

Mr Gradwell

No comments: