Friday 21 June 2024

 They say that times flies by when you are having fun and that is certainly true of this week. We have held our Talent Night and our Sports day this week which has meant that it has been an action packed time in school this week so the week has just flown by. Before we know it the summer holiday is going to be here and I will be disappearing into the sunset.

The Talent Night was a huge success and certainly demonstrated that Little Heath does have a lot of talent. All the children that took part did themselves proud and put on an excellent show. I would like to thank all the children who took part for all the effort they put into their performances and I would like to thank the PTA for organising all the refreshments. I would also like to thank my wonderful staff as well for their support in running the evening.  I have been very lucky in my time here to work with staff who have been willing to give up their free time to allow us to put on events such as these which really do enrich the school experience for the children in Little Heath.

Following on quickly from our Talent Night was Sports Day and fortunately the weather was kind to us and the sun shone. I was present for both parts of the day and I was really proud of all the effort the children put in to the events but unfortunately there can only be one winning team and this year it was Osborne house and I would like to congratulate them. I would also like to thank all the staff who again worked hard to make it such a success and I am sure you would join me in giving special thanks to Mr Mills who has to spend days preparing for the event. He organises really enjoyable activities for the children to take part in to ensure that children of all sporting abilities are able to take part.

Next week is another busy week as we are holding our parent consultations. Each appointment is for a maximum of 10 minutes. If, after meeting with the class teacher, you feel you need more time than this, please arrange a separate time to meet with them after the consultation evening. If everybody runs over by even a couple of minutes it can mean that parents coming at a later time have a long wait or are late for their second appointment if they have another child in the school.

On Friday Year 6 are also holding their ‘Apprentice Event’ which the children find hugely enjoyable. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this event the Year 6 (in groups) organise a series of stalls or events which the other children have an opportunity to try out for a small amount of money. The activity that raises the most amount of money is the winner. All money raised does go to charity. For the children to participate they will need to bring a small amount of cash into school on Friday.

At last summer appears to have arrived so I hope you all find some time to enjoy it this weekend. I look forward to seeing you al again on Monday morning. 

No comments: