Friday 22 January 2021

 

I hope you are all well and that you are all managing to juggle your many responsibilities well. I am sure you are all feeling like you are trying to keep 20 balls in the air and that you are dropping a few but I think everyone feels like that - I know I certainly do. I think it is typical of the time and all I can say is that if you do feel you are dropping a few balls be kind to yourself. Just focus on all the things you are doing well and forget about the rest –we can all just do what we can do and we should not expect more from ourselves.

As you will have seen from my newsletter we do have a few extra appliances in school so if having an additional device in home will help you with the home learning please do contact us to see if we can help you. As I also mentioned in my newsletter we will be getting some more devices sent into school thanks to the generous donation from Albion 4C so even if we do not have laptops in school to support you we can keep your name on a list and contact you when the additional devices come into school. I cannot thank this company enough for their generous donation in helping the school. It came totally out of the blue and it came from a desire to help support the local community during a difficult time. I do think that through these gloomy times we should celebrate acts of good deeds and I certainly think that this was one of them.

A parent has informed me that next weekend the RSPB is running an event called the ‘Big Garden Birdwatch’ from January 29th -31st. I think that this would be a really good event for the children to take part in as it encourages them to be outside and look at nature which is very important at all times but especially at the moment. I have listed some links below so you can see what it is all about and what it involves.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/everything-you-need-to-know-about-big-garden-birdwatch/

https://www.rspb.org.uk/globalassets/downloads/biggardenbirdwatch/2021/how-to-resources/Bgbw21_how-to-guide.pdf  - how to guide

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/live-lessons/big-schools-winterwatch-live-lesson/zv8vn9q - live lesson

That is all for now. I hope you can all manage to have a good weekend. I know the weather is not the best but it is January so I suppose we should not expect anything else. The way I look at is in that in a few weeks it will be spring so that is something to look forward to.

No comments: