Friday 18 June 2021

 

I have not been on the school gate as much as I usually am this week. This is because I have had a lot of meetings to attend and they have all been either at the beginning or end of the school day which is the reason you may not have seen a lot of me. I always feel that I have to explain why I have not been present in case people feel that I have just not been working but I can assure you that is not true.

I know you will all have listened to (or at least heard about) the government’s latest announcement about us not being able to proceed to Step 4 on June 21st which has meant that we cannot proceed with our end of term arrangements as we would have liked to. Although this is disappointing we have done our best to run all of the events we wanted to in a slightly different format and allow parents to attend the event. You have been very supportive of the school so far and I know that you will continue to support us in the same way. All we can do is hope that if we follow the guidance things will eventually return to how they were and that in the next academic year we will not have the disruptions and changes that we have experienced this year.

After the lovely weather we have experienced, things have changed in recent times and we have seen the return of rain. At least it is warmer than it has been which makes the rain more bearable. If the weather is not good outside though at least we can watch the football on the television. England are playing tonight so it can only help their case if we are all there cheering them on. Who knows – this could be the year when we actually win another football trophy as a nation. Have an enjoyable weekend.

 

No comments: