Friday 10 December 2021

 There has been a sea of colour in school today as it has been ‘Christmas Jumper Day.’ It is amazing since this day took off all the amazing and creative jumpers that people can wear – when I was younger it was considered very uncool to be wearing a ‘Christmas jumper’ but now you are considered uncool if you do not wear one. I would like to thank you all for your generous donations towards this cause - at the minute we have raised £266.10 but I will give the final amount next week just in case we get some late donations from people who have not had time to do it yet. Remember you can either give us cash or make a donation to the link that was in our last newsletter - I have included it below.

https://christmas.savethechildren.org.uk/fundraising/cjd21001426

Next week in school we are having our younger children perform their Christmas productions to parents. As you will know from my newsletter we have had confirmed cases of Covid in school but at the moment the performances are still going ahead. They are not being held as they normally would be (because of Covid) but we are hoping that we are still able to put them on. I would like to remind all parents who attend that they need to wear a mask when they watch a show and take an LFD test before they attend. We would also ask that if anyone is not feeling well that they do not attend the performance.

Next week I have to attend some training on Thursday and Friday so will not be in school. If you have any concerns that you feel cannot be addressed by the class teacher Mr Gradwell will be in charge in my absence or you can make an appointment to see me on my return on December 20th.

I hope you have a great weekend. I know it can be very busy at this time of year so I do hope you find some time to relax. We only have one full week to go before the end of term so a break is on the horizon. And I think after the year we have had it is certainly well deserved.

No comments: