Friday 20 May 2022

 I am typing this whilst I am waiting for Year 6 to return from their trip to Kingswood. I know they have had a great week which I am very happy about and I am sure it will take the whole weekend for them to recover. The Year 6 school trip is one of the highlights of a primary pupil’s life and I am very pleased that it has been able to take place this year – it will give the children pleasant memories for many years to come. Of course it would not be possible if members of staff were not willing to leave their families and join the children for the week and so I would like to thank Mr. Gradwell, Miss Russon, Mrs D’Avella and Mrs Friedman for giving up their free-time to make this trip possible –I expect they will be very tired over the weekend as well.

 In school we had a wonderful end to the weekend with the Year 1 assembly this morning. Due to Covid restrictions this is the first assembly that this class have done and I think they did themselves very proud. The assembly covered the learning that the children have done in class and everyone who watched it was very impressed with what they saw. I would like to thank the class for putting on such a great assembly and I would like to thank Miss Davis and Mrs Alimadadi for their hard work and support in putting the whole assembly together.

As you know we are carrying out activities to help celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee next week. Children in Years 1-6 are going to be decorating plates to bring home to help commemorate the event. We are asking for a £3 donation towards this so if you have not already done so can you please make your payment on Arbor – if you have any problem doing this please contact the school office. Children will also be preparing work to put in time capsules which we are going to hide in the school to be opened in 70 years time – who knows what the world will be like then. We will be ending our week with our Jubilee Event where we are inviting parents to come and watch the children perform songs from across the seven decades that the queen has been on the throne. This will begin at 2.00pm next Friday.

As well as all the jubilee activities some of the children will be taking part in a Sharing Assembly on Monday morning and the KS2 children will be taking part in the Oakmere mini marathon on Thursday morning. With such a busy week in place I am glad that we have the half term holiday the following week so that we can all recover.

Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday morning. I have to attend a meeting on Monday morning so I will not be in school until the afternoon.

No comments: