Friday 7 March 2014


Another busy week in school. This morning we had the Year 2 assembly on Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole. It was really enjoyable to watch and, as I told them at the time, I also learnt a lot as well. I would like to thank all the children for putting on such an enjoyable performance and to Mr Spring and Mrs Wells for all their hard work in organising it.

Yesterday was ‘World Book Day’ when many of the children (and staff) came into school dressed as fairies and monsters. There were some great costumes and I would like to thank you all for organising them and also for your donations towards the ‘Summer Fayre’ – they are much appreciated. Unfortunately I could not do the ‘World Book Day’ assembly that I had planned because we had problems with the projector in the hall and unfortunately that is just one problem that we are having with our technology at the moment. Our computer system has been having a ‘few hiccups’ recently which means that there were  couple of inaccuracies on one class’s reports for which I apologise and some parents have been leaving messages on our answerphone which have not been saved. We are getting all these problems dealt with but I do ask that you bear with us during this frustrating time and I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

As you all know Mr Hill left us before Christmas and we replaced him with a Mrs Keany. Unfortunately since joining the school her personal circumstances have changed and she has had to hand in her resignation so we find ourselves without a music teacher. I am in the process of recruiting another teacher and hopefully will be able to do so quickly although I will only hire someone who I consider to be right for Little Heath.

On Friday, March 21st it is ‘Sports Relief’ – an event we always support. From next Monday the Year 6 will be selling ‘Sports Relief’ wristbands in school for £1.00. I do not normally allow the children to wear these in school but this is the merchandise that was offered to us so until the 21st March I will allow the children to wear the wristbands in school. After this date the children will not be allowed to wear them. On the day itself the children may come to school dressed in sports clothes and if they have purchased a wristband there will be no charge for them not wearing uniform. If the children have not purchased a wristband we would like them to make a contribution towards the Sports Relief campaign. In the afternoon the whole school will be going onto the junior playground to perform a dance routine together which they will practise in PE lessons beforehand. Afterwards we will be posting pictures and a video of this event onto the website. 

That is all for now. I hope you all have a nice weekend and I will see you all on Monday.

No comments: