Friday 6 June 2014


It has been a rather quiet week in school because the Year 6 have been away on their school journey. They return this afternoon so school life will return to normal next week. I believe they have all had a great time. The weather has not been the best but it does not appear to have dampened their enthusiasm for all the activities. I am sure we will hear all about their adventures next week.

While on playground duty this week I noticed that a lot of children were bringing out snacks that were not fruit. May I remind everyone that the only snack that can be eaten during the morning break is a piece of fruit or a vegetable. This is to help to ensure that the children eat at least five pieces of fruit or vegetable each day. Can you please remind your child of this fact and then they will not be disappointed when they have to return their ‘forbidden’ snack to the classroom.

Some of you may remember that some of the classes took part in a ‘Grow a Pound’ activity on the Friday before Easter. On Friday 20th June the event will take place again with all the classes that did not take place in the first round – i.e. Years 2, 3, 4 and 5. Details of what they will be actually doing will be in the individual class blogs and I will put a reminder about the event in a newsletter that I am sending out next week. The event will start at 2.30pm.

On Saturday, 14th June the PTA are holding a’ Dads and Lads/Ladettes’ camping event. I am sure that this is going to be a fun afternoon and evening and remember that all the funds raised do go towards the school.

I hope you all have a good weekend. I think that all the Year 6 parents will have quite a quiet one as I am sure the children will all be exhausted from their week away.  

 

 

No comments: