Friday 15 March 2019


It has been ‘Red Nose Day’ today and it has been a mad end to what has been quite a mad week. We have danced ourselves dizzy today in school and I am now well and truly ready to drop. The children all appeared to enjoy themselves even if the staff are flagging but the staff have had quite a busy week. As we know we had a Section 5 inspection which we were expecting after our last Ofsted and hopefully this means that we will not see Ofsted for quite a few years. The report should be out in about three weeks, hopefully before Easter. Until then I cannot talk about the inspection but I would like to thank everyone for their good wishes this week –it has been much appreciated.

It has also been Science Week this week. I know the children have all loved the workshops and I am sure you will be able to find out more about them on the class blogs. The children have also enjoyed making birds and there have been some exotic and wonderful creations made. I am glad that the children have had a good time because just as reading underpins all learning science encourages children to develop the skills to solve problems which is a key life skill for success.

I am sorry but I am going to have to have a little moan. We do have clear signage on all our playground equipment that children should not play on it outside of school hours. However, when I went into the infant playground at the end of the school day I found children on the climbing frame. I even had to remove one child from the climbing frame because they were too small to get down themselves. Can you please ensure that your child does not use the apparatus at the end of the school day – it is for their own safety.

Next week should be a more straightforward week but we still have plenty to look forward to. Friday is going to be another Mufti Day for the PTA. In exchange for not wearing their uniform the PTA would like all the children to bring in an Easter egg for a tombola at the Easter Egg Hunt which will be held on Friday, 29th March. Year 2 are also holding their class assembly on that day which I know all their parents are looking forward to seeing.

Have a great weekend – I know that I am certainly going to enjoy it.

No comments: