Friday 10 May 2019


I am thinking of changing the name of the school from ‘Little Heath Primary School to ‘Half Finished School’. This is because we have got many projects going that are half finished. This includes our windows, our new tech room, the new outdoor classroom and the new climbing frame in the KS1 playground. I am trying to get excited for when everything is finished and imagining how great the school will look. All of the projects are expected to be finished by the second half of the summer term at the very latest so let us hope there are no hiccups to get in our way to hinder our progress. The weather certainly has not helped us this week and I did receive some sympathy from parents about us having to get windows removed and replaced in torrential rain. The worst affected were the office staff and I have to say that they did not complain much. The new windows are looking very good and hopefully they will also help to keep the school warmer during the winter months.  

We did have a lovely end to the week thanks to our Year 1 assembly. It was an excellent assembly about some topics that they have covered in class and everyone who watched it said how enjoyable it was. I think that if I am ever getting a new house in the future I will certainly get one of them to design it for me. I would like to thank all the children for giving us such a wonderful performance and I would like to thank Ms Davis, Mrs Reusch and Mrs Lawrence for all their hard work in putting it together – it is much appreciated.

Next week is the week that all Year 6 dread the most because it is the KS2 ‘SATs’ tests. Quite naturally the children do feel anxious. However, I would like to reassure them by saying that after the first test, past children have all said that it was not as bad as they thought it was going to be and then before they know it all the tests are over. I am sure that it is going to be the same this year. I would ask that all the Year 6 parents make sure that their children get plenty of sleep next week.

As well as the SATs, Year 5 are going to Lincolnsfield next week for their first school residential trip and I know that they are looking forward to it.  As I am helping to administer the SATs test I will not be able to ‘wave them off’ but I will make sure that I see them before they leave. I know they are going to have a good time and I would like to thank Miss Davis, Mrs Robinson and Mrs Pittson for giving up their free time to make this trip possible.

Apparently the weather is going to improve by Sunday so hopefully we will see some sunshine over the weekend. Whatever the weather, I do hope that you all have an enjoyable time and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning –I may even see some of you at the PTA quiz tomorrow night. 

No comments: