Friday 28 June 2019


The big event of this week has been our ‘Sports Day’. The weather was just perfect and it helped to make it a really good day. Grangewood won this year but all the children really gave it their all and for that I think they are all winners. It was a very well organised event and for that I have to thank Mr Mills for all his effort. I particularly liked this year, the addition of the new ‘swimming’ event this year which had the children pulling themselves along on skateboards. It was very popular with all the pupils and was totally Mr Mills’ idea. I would also like to thank all my staff who helped to support the event.

Those of you who go in the infant playground will have noticed that our new piece of play equipment is now complete. It is a pirate climbing frame and the children are really pleased with it which makes us happy because we know we have made the right choice. It took slightly longer to complete than we thought because the original slide did not fit the equipment and it took a long time to get a replacement. However, it has been brought to my attention that children are climbing on it at the beginning and end of the school day. May I give everyone a gentle reminder that children can only use school equipment when they are being supervised by school staff. Can I ask that parents do not allow their children to climb on any of the apparatus when they are dropping off or picking up their children from school.

As well as organising ‘Sports Day’ Mr Mills has had a very busy week because he has had to take the children to three sporting tournaments. On Tuesday he took the Year 3 and 4 boys to a football event at Wroxham where both the A and B teams finished second in their sections. On Wednesday afternoon he took children from Years 5 and 6 to a Rounders tournament and this time we were fortunate to finish first. He then had to rush back to school to take girls from Year 3 and 4 to a football tournament where, like the boys, they also finished second. I think Mr Mills will certainly be looking forward to the weekend after such a busy (but successful) week.

The next big event on the school calendar is ‘Little Heath Fest’ which is on tomorrow. This is replacing out traditional summer fayre and promises to be a really fun event. The main entertainment is going to be a live band as well as lots of fun activities (including large inflatables) to keep the children entertained. The weather forecast promises brilliant sunshine so everything is in place to make it a great day. The event runs from 3.00pm -  6.00pm and I am sure that I will see many of you there. I would like to thank in advance our wonderful PTA and all the parents and staff who support them for organising this event and making it all possible. Whilst you are on the school field you may want to pop in to have a look at our external classroom which has been purchased with funds raised by the PTA.

Apart from being at ‘Little Heath Fest’ I hope that the rest of your weekend is enjoyable. If you do see me at the Fest please do come across and say hello to me – you will find me for part of the afternoon on the raffle ticket stall.

No comments: