Friday 4 September 2020

It has been really great welcoming everyone back this week. I know all the staff have been very excited about returning and I hope the children and yourselves have felt the same. I am sure that some of the you were feeling a little anxious about the children coming back but let me reassure you all that from our perspective all of the children have appeared very happy and glad to be back which makes us really happy. As I mentioned in one of my previous letters we did say that we would review all of the strategies that we have put in place to help make the school a safer place during Covid and we have decided to change one strategy already. We introduced staggered starts and ends to the day to try and help manage the flow of parents to make it easier for social distancing but this has not happened as we expected – if anything I think there were more parents waiting outside than there have ever been. Therefore, from Monday 7th September we are going to go back to the regular way which was explained to you in a letter sent out today. I am sorry if any inconvenience has been caused but there may be a few other things that we have to change to ensure that things run as safely as they can for the children and we thank you for your patience during these unusual times. I was pleased to see the children returning to school looking very smart in their uniforms. However, we have had one or two children not wearing the appropriate footwear. We do ask children to wear formal, waterproof black shoes which are not sneakers or canvas – can you please ensure that they do have the correct footwear in school. That is all for now. We are having a themed week in school next week based around ‘Chemin a Papeete’ by Gaugin and I am sure that the children will be telling you all about it. Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning – it is great to be actually able to write that again.

No comments: