Friday 25 September 2020

 

The children all looked very impressive this morning - I can tell that they had all taken extra care with their appearance in preparation for their photographs. It all went very smoothly and hopefully when we see the results all the effort will have been worthwhile. They could only do individual photographs in school this year because of the pandemic.

It has been another week where Covid 19 has dominated the headlines – I do not think I can remember a time when it was not in the news –I now look longingly back on the days when Brexit dominated the headlines. The good news that came from all the announcements is that schools are going to carry on as they are which makes all of us in Little Heath very happy. I would like to remind parents though that they do need to socially distance whilst they are waiting to pick up their children. I have had some people contact me to tell me that they are concerned about groups of adults talking together whilst waiting for their children to come out. All parents should try to come as near to the collection time for their child as possible and then leave as soon as they have picked up their child. I would also like to remind parents not to park their cars in School Road during this time. We need the road as empty as possible to allow parents to socially distance. Unfortunately, the staff carpark is next to the school so staff will need to use the road but that is all. I hope we can all follow this guidance because if we all do our part we will be able to keep the spread of the infection down to a minimum.

Next week we are starting to serve hot meals in school again. I know a lot of the children are very happy about this and the kitchen staff are also happy to be making something other than packed lunches. The majority of the children will still be eating their lunches in the classroom but, as with all our procedures, we will be reviewing it to see if we need to make any adjustments.

That is all for now. I know the temperature has dropped and we have had some rain but it does look like we will have some sunshine over the weekend. Remember to all keep yourselves safe and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: