Friday 5 March 2021

 

Just three sleeps to go and we will all be together again. I cannot believe how quickly these last two weeks have gone – I hope they have gone as quickly for you. We are all really looking forward to everyone being reunited. Having Science Week and World Book Day to look forward to is also a great way for us all to come together again.

I know that your home routines will have been altered during lockdown (they had to be to cope with all the changes) but now is the time to start getting back in to the ‘coming to school’ routine and one thing that I would like you to do is to start getting the children back to their normal bedtime. We found that after the last lockdown the children were very tired so you really need to ensure they are getting enough sleep. Even if the children say they are not tired they can go to bed and read because then they will at least be resting. A doctor once informed me that sleep is a habit so it is something that can be altered and if the children are sent to bed at a regular time they will soon get used to falling asleep at that time.

I do not want to dampen the mood so I will not make any more requests here. We know it will take time to re-establish school routines with the children and we do not expect them to get everything done in a day. Have a great weekend and I really look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: