Thursday 30 September 2021

 

I am publishing my blog a day early this week as I am on a course tomorrow. I will still be looking at my email if you need to contact me but Mr Gradwell will be in school and will be available for you if feel you need to talk to someone in authority about any issues.

I am afraid that I need to have a little moan. As always we have been finding a lots of items of clothing on the playground and field which have been left behind by the children. However, we cannot return many of them back to their rightful owner because they do not have the child’s name in. I do feel that I am like a stuck record but I cannot emphasize how important it is for the children’s uniform to be clearly labelled with their names. I have a lot of parents complaining about how many items of uniform their children have lost but if it does not contain their name, we cannot return it to them. If you have not done so, please label all items of your child’s uniform over the weekend.

Next week we are holding our Harvest Coffee morning. This year, due to the restrictions caused by the pandemic we are providing all the refreshments but we still ask that you give generously to our designated charity which is Breast Cancer. I have chosen this because one of our members of staff has been treated for this during this last year and thankfully they are on the road to recovery. As I explained in my newsletter you come to the Harvest Festival at your allocated time and your child can join you for some refreshments. If you have more than one child, you can come have all your children join you at the best time for you. The children will be entertaining you with some harvest/food songs that they have been learning in music. The allocated times for the different sessions are listed below:

9.30 – 10.00am – Years 1 & 2

10.00 -10.30am – Nursery & Reception

10.30 -11.00am – Years 5 & 6

11.00 – 11.30am – Years 3 & 4

You will all probably have noticed that the weather has definitely turned cooler. I have therefore been surprised that many children are coming to school without a coat. Even if they travel to school by car please make sure that your child starts bringing a coat into school with them so they do not have to freeze outside. Even if they do not use it is better to be safe than sorry.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing many of you at the Harvest Coffee Morning next Friday.

No comments: