Friday 22 October 2021

 Welcome back. I was away at the Hertfordshire Head’s Conference last week so did not publish a blog. Although it is good to go to a conference and learn about ways to move the school forward it is good to return to school and be amongst a community that is warm and welcoming. I especially like coming and catching up with all the children – they do make me feel like they have really missed me.

It has been a very busy week in school because of the Parent Consultations. It is good to have parents in school and I hope you all found the consultations very useful and informative – all the parents I spoke to were very happy with their consultations. I do feel that these type of meetings are much better face to face than through a conference call –they feel so much more personal and I feel that far more information is acquired than through a screen.

We now have the half term holiday to look forward to. I cannot believe that the first half term has passed so quickly but I must say that I do think the children are ready for a break. Although, thankfully, we have not had many Covid cases in school we have had a lot of quite severe coughs and colds and I think that everybody will benefit from a week off to rest and recuperate and come back raring to go for the second half of the autumn term This is always a very busy time because of all the Christmas events but it is also a favourite time of year for me – let us hope that we can get to carry out all of our Christmas events this year.

I hope that you all have a great half-term. I will not be in on the first day back which is Monday, 1st November but I do look forward to seeing you all again on November 2nd. Remember we have the PTA fireworks to look forward to on Saturday, November 6th. Details of this event and a link to purchase the tickets can be found on the front page of our website.

No comments: