Friday 11 February 2022

 Many of you will probably have noticed that I have not been on the school gate this week and this is because I have fallen foul of the dreaded Covid virus – for the SECOND time. Fortunately, my symptoms have been very mild and I have been able to work from home. I know that a lot of people in Little Heath have been in similar circumstances and I hope everyone who has had Covid or has still got it is well on the way to recovery. The Covid team from Hertfordshire did contact me and, fortunately, they did say that as a school we could not have done anymore to restrict the spread of the virus. Apparently, although the Omicrom variant presents with milder symptoms, it spreads far more readily and as primary children have not been vaccinated, they have been more susceptible to catching it. As we have had such a significant outbreak, the children will remain bubbled and all after school clubs will be cancelled for at least the first week after our return. We will review this situation at the end of the first week.

May I also remind everyone that if your child is feeling unwell that you do not send them into school. With so many Covid cases in school I do ask that you get them checked for Covid before sending them back in and if their symptoms persist you test them for a second time. As I mentioned in my last blog even if your child does not present with typical Covid symptoms can you please get them tested for Covid because many people who have tested positive have had none of the typical symptoms.

I would like to wish you all a good half term. Hopefully, this holiday will give us the break we need and when we return Covid will have left Little Heath. I look forward to being back in school and seeing you all again on February 21st.

No comments: