Friday 25 March 2022

 I think I am really beginning to believe that winter is finally over and spring is on the way. It has been really lovely to have some warm weather. I do think that everybody does seem to be in a better mood when the weather is warm and the sun is out. I do not believe that it is going to last so I think we will need to make the most of it while we can before the colder weather returns next week.

As you know I did not publish a blog last week because I was away with Years 3 and 4 on a PGL trip to Claythorpe. I really enjoyed being away with the children and they all appeared to have a fabulous time as well. I did not realise how much we have missed doing these sort of activities with the children until we went away and I really hope that that these can become a regular feature in the school calendar again because the children learn so much from these socially as well as experiencing all the different activities. Let us hope that with the lessening of the Covid restrictions that our 2 other residential trips go ahead this year although we have not received any updates on further restrictions being lifted. We did think that all restrictions were going to be lifted on April 1st but I do know that there has been an increase in cases recently so perhaps the government are reviewing their plans before they make this decision although we often do not hear about it until the last minute.

Next week we are all looking forward to seeing the Y3, Y4 and Y5 production of ‘Robin Hood and the Hoodies of Sherwood’ and I know that they are all very excited to perform it. Hopefully, we will not have another outbreak of Covid which could prevent us putting this show on but if we do we will just postpone it until after Easter and then the children will perform it on their return.

I am sure that I do not have to tell you but next week is the last week of term and then we are off for Easter. Please do not forget that we finish at 2.00pm next Friday as it is the last day of term. I hope the weather remains warm so you can all have a lovely weekend. 

No comments: