Friday 4 March 2022

 It has been a much calmer day in school today compared to yesterday. As you will all know (because you had to provide the costumes), it was World Book Day and the children all came to school dressed as a host of different book characters. I thought that the children looked really good this year and I would like to thank you all for all the effort and preparation that you put into their costumes. I was in some of the classes yesterday and the children were really engaged with the World Book Day activities that were taking place. You will have noticed that the school staff had a theme and that we were all wearing t-shirts with popular book characters on them. I wore Winnie the Pooh because I think that he is such an endearing character and I loved reading about all of his adventures when I was younger.

As I said in my blog last week, children should be engaging with reading activities all year round and the purpose of World Book Day is to highlight this fact. You can support your children with reading at home by ensuring that you listen to young readers reading their school book most evenings and ensuring that older children who are independent readers read for at least 10 minutes every day.

I know that many of you will have been disappointed that not many of the after school clubs have not been running this week even though we promised that they would be last week. This is because unfortunately Mr Mills has been unwell for most of this week so his clubs have been unable to take place. I know a lot of people are becoming very confused as to when clubs are running and when they are not and this is understandable because of all the disruption that has been caused by Covid. Hopefully, Mr Mills will be able to return by next week but if he still needs to be off we will contact you as soon as possible so you have plenty of time to make alternative arrangements for your child.

If Mr Mills does return next week we will hopefully be playing some football matches against other schools which will be great. I am actually going to be attending some meetings which are taking place outside of the school in person which will be the first time I will have done this in two years. I am so glad because meetings run a lot smoother in person compared to when you are in a virtual meeting and the signal goes off or the volume switches itself off for no apparent reason.

I hope you all have a great weekend. For those of you who follow my blog the alterations in my home have still not been completed so I am still living in chaos at home – I am beginning to think it would have been quicker to knock the whole house down and start from scratch but who knows? I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: