Friday 29 April 2022

 I know that I say this a lot but I truly cannot believe that a full week has passed since I last wrote my blog – if the weeks keep going as quick as this one it will be the summer holidays before we know it. Unfortunately, the warm weather that greeted our return appears to have disappeared and although the sun has been out there has been a definite chill in the air. I am certainly following the old verse of ‘Never cast a clout till May is out’ and keeping all my winter clothes close at hand until at least June.

All the additional clubs started again this week and I can tell that the children are really happy about this. However, we have had a lot of children coming down to the office to ring home because they are not sure if it is on, they have forgotten their kit or they are not sure if they are supposed to attend. Going forward, can you please ensure that all your children are aware of what clubs they are attending and that they have the correct kit that they need to attend the club before they leave for school in the morning. The office staff already have a heavy workload without the additional burden of having to make extra phone calls about clubs.

Next week I have to attend a course so I will be out of school on Thursday and Friday and in my absence Mr Gradwell will be in charge. I am disappointed that I will be out on Friday because Year 3 will be presenting their class assembly. I am really pleased that we can hold these events again because I really feel that they enrich school life. If you have not done so can you please check the newsletter to ensure that you know the new dates of the re-arranged class and sharing assemblies.

We have a long weekend ahead of us to look forward to so we will not all be together again until Tuesday. I hope you all enjoy your extra day off. There will be no head’s blog next week as I am not in school.

No comments: