Friday 20 January 2023

 We had a lovely end to our week today because we had the Year 3 assembly this morning. The children were presenting all of the learning they have completed so far in Year 3. Whenever we have assemblies like this I am always amazed by the amount of learning that children do cover in class. I would like to congratulate the children on the great job that they did in presenting their learning and I would like to thank Ms Davis, Mrs Reynolds, Mrs Ameen and Miss Weller for their support in putting the class assembly together (and for all the support with the children’s learning across the whole year).

For some children in Year 3 it was their second performance of the week because many of them, along with children from other KS2 classes, performed at the O2 this week in a ‘Young Voices’ concert. As I explained in my last blog we have not taken part in one of these concerts for 3 years so it was a real delight to be back. All the children who were there really loved taking part in the concert and all of the families who were there, thought it was a really amazing spectacle to watch. Some parents have actually told me that they were ‘blown away’ by how good it was. I am really pleased that everyone involved had such a good time – it is really great that we are taking part in events like this again. Even though I did help out on the day the main thanks for their support should go to Mrs Lawrence and Mrs Robinson who have spent months preparing the children for the concert. I would also like to congratulate all of the children who took part. As well as performing brilliantly they were also really well behaved for the whole day and were a real credit to the school.



I hope you all have a pleasant weekend. I think the weather has certainly let us know that we are in the middle of winter this week but at least it has been bright and sunny -so much better than the rain and darkness that we experienced last week. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: