Friday 3 February 2023

 I wonder if many of you are feeling like me in that you cannot believe that it is half term next week. It really does not feel like 2 minutes since we were coming back after Christmas –in fact I have to admit that I am still eating my way through my left over Christmas chocolate at home (the healthy new year diet is starting tomorrow). Let us hope that the next half term passes as quickly and the spring will be upon us with the warmer weather that it brings. I am over the cold weather now –especially since the blue skies appear to have gone and we have just been left with the grey and the cold.

 I am afraid I am going to have to have a little moan. I have noticed recently whist I am on the gate in the morning that some parents are driving their cars up to the school entrance to drop their children off. We have asked that you keep the area in front of the school a car free area and in fact we do have yellow zig-zag lines next to the school which you cannot park on between 8.00am – 5.00pm to ensure that we remain car free. However, some people are pulling up in front of the school to allow their children to run in whilst they reverse the car around. I would ask that you respect our wishes and please park away from the school. I know some people do not want to be late but it only means that you have to leave the house 5 minutes earlier to ensure you have time to park up and drop your child off at school. We do not want there to be a horrible accident before parents comply with our wishes.

On a cheerier note we have some good things to look forward to in school next week. On Monday we have a Sharing Assembly and if your child is taking part you will have been notified by letter. We also have our Open Afternoon where parents can come into the school to look at all the learning their children have covered since Christmas. I know the children love to do this and so we look forward to welcoming you between3.00pm -4.30pm on Wednesday.

The big highlight of the week for the children will be the Disco on Thursday night. I know that the PTA has sent you notification of this so if you have not already done so please make sure that you purchase your tickets for your child. A professional DJ has been booked and I know that he has great gimmicks to use with the children such as a bubble and a snow machine. The foundation and KS1 disco starts at 5.30pm and the KS2 disco starts at 7.00pm.

I look forward to seeing many of you at these events next week.

No comments: