Friday 15 September 2023

 The weather has remained kind to us and we have had another lovely week. We are certainly trying to make the most of the weather and be outside as much as possible before the autumn descends upon us. We will look back on this time with fondness when we are trying to get through the dark winter months of January and February. It has been particularly great weather for our first week of extra-curricular activities.

I hope that many of you managed to watch the news item about artificial intelligence that was on the BBC this week in which our old Year 6 pupils participated in. The story raised some very salient points and I am glad that we were able to support such an important story. The children really enjoyed taking part and as it was in the last week of term it helped to give them another enjoyable memory of Little Heath. If you have not managed to see it yet I have copied some links below to enable you to see it. I would like to thank Mr Boleto for including our school in his report and we hope our children may be given further invites in the future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/66796495

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001qh8l

I hope you will excuse me for having a little moan. The children have only been back about two weeks and I have already lost count of the number of items of ‘lost uniform’ that I have had to pick up. I have tried to return as many as I can but I have had to put a lot in the lost property box because they have no name on them. We do keep asking for the children’s uniform to be labelled clearly and yet every year a lot of uniform that is not, cannot be returned to its rightful owner. Can I ask once again that you check that all your children’s uniform contains your child’s name in a place that can be easily seen. We will then not have to put out the mountain of uniform at the end of every term because all items will be able to be returned to their rightful owner.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I think you all need to make the most of the sunshine because it does look like it is going to disappear next week.

No comments: