Wednesday 20 December 2023

 As I type this I can hear loud laughter coming from the hall as the children are watching the performance of Dick Whittington. It is bringing a happy end to what has been an eventful and busy half term. I am sure you are all looking forward to the Christmas holidays – I know I am and the children certainly are –their excitement has been off the scale over the last couple of days.

Even though we have only been here 3 days it has been an action-packed week in school. We started the week off with our last Sharing Assembly of 2023 and in the evening we had our annual KS2 Carol Concert. The church was packed and it was great to see so many family and friends in the church to watch the service. It really was a lovely concert and the children who attended should be proud of their performance. I would also like to thank all the staff who made it possible – especially Mrs Lawrence who co-ordinated the concert and prepared the children so well for their performance. 

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we had the KS1 and KS2 Christmas parties which I know the children really enjoyed. KS1 had a special visitor at their party as Father Christmas made an appearance and I know the children were very thrilled and excited by that as they could not wait to tell me that they had seen him (some even thought that they had seen his reindeer and sleigh on the roof.) After the pantomime this morning we will be finishing the day in the hall with a rousing performance of the 12 Days of Christmas which is very noisy but the children love it.

Before I go I would like to thank everyone who has given me a gift. They are lovely and very much appreciated. All that is left for me to do now is to wish you all a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year and I look forward to welcoming you all back on Monday, 8th January.

No comments: