Friday 1 December 2023

 I think we can all agree that winter has definitely arrived.  For the first time this term I have had to defrost my car before coming to work in the mornings. Some people do not like the cold but I love it when the sun is shining and there is frost on the ground – especially at this time of year when Christmas is approaching. It really helps to set the mood for all the festive celebrations.

I am afraid that I am going to have to have a little moan. Unfortunately, some of the neighbours close to the school have been complaining that parents are parking their cars across their drives. I am sure that I do not have to remind you that it is against the law to do this and if people persist in doing this the neighbours are going to get the police involved. I would also like to ask you if you can respect our no car zone in front of the school. This has not happened for a long time but I have noticed recently that more and more parents are driving their cars up to the school entrance to drop off their children for school. We try to keep the area in front of the school a pedestrian area only so that it is safe for the children to come to and from school. We do not want an accident to happen before people start following our request.

We have started putting our decorations up in school and this always causes great excitement amongst the children. I know that some parents also started with their Christmas decorations last night because they attended a wreath making event organised by the PTA and apparently some lovely wreaths were made. The PTA also managed to raise an impressive £289 for the school which is always good news. I would like to thank our amazing PTA again for all their efforts in fund raising for the school –it is much appreciated.

 It is lovely being in a school at this time of year to see all the enjoyment that the children get from the Christmas period. I am sure that you are going to be busy with your Christmas preparations at home but I do hope that you get some time to relax over the weekend.  I look forward to seeing you on Monday morning when apparently it will still be cold.

No comments: