Wednesday 24 April 2024

 I am posting my blog early this week as I am at Caythorpe Court with Year 3 and 4 for the rest of the week. I have been on this trip before and had a great time and I am expecting to have a great time again. It is only one night but it is an action packed 2 days and it is good fun for the children. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff who are giving up their time to make this possible. I would especially like to thank Miss Natasha Davis who has co-ordinated and organised the whole event –without all of her hard work this trip would not take place.

May I remind you all that children can wear summer uniform this term. I know that many of them are wearing it even though we have not had much sunshine –when is the warm weather going to turn up? However, I would like to remind you that trainers are not part of school uniform and I am seeing too many children wearing them. Please ensure that your child is wearing suitable footwear for school and that means shoes which are waterproof, formal and black. I would also like to remind you that if you choose to put your child in winter uniform and they are in Key stage 2 then they must wear a school tie.

It has been a very busy week in school this week so I am glad to see that next week does not look as frantic. On Wednesday we are having a school Maths Day where the children will be taking part in some extra maths sessions. We see the enjoyment of maths as being very important and days like this help to promote that. You may want to talk to your child about what they have covered during the day.

When I looked at the diary I could hardly believe that it is May next week – how the year is flying by. I hope you all have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: