Friday 3 May 2024

 I cannot believe how quickly this week has flown by. For a moment yesterday I actually thought it was Wednesday and then when I re-focussed my mind I realised it was Thursday. The weeks are flying by and it is going to be the summer holidays before we know it.

I returned to school this week after joining the Y3 and Y4 PGL trip last week at Caythorpe Court in Lincolnshire. Although we had mixed weather the children all still had a great time. I do enjoy experiences like that as I think it is wonderful for children to have these type of adventurous activities outside of school and it is great to see how some of them overcome their fears to attempt something they have never done before. A highlight of the trip for me was watching a boy during an abseiling activity complete the descent down the wall even though his legs were visibly shaking at the top. I think that Ms Davis and I jumped so high as he started to come down that we nearly joined him at the top. It was certainly an action packed two days and I am sure that all of the children who took part slept well on their return home.

I know I keep bringing up uniform but I am going to have to bring it up again. I did mention in a previous blog that children were not wearing the correct footwear and now I am going to have to mention socks. The only colour socks that can be worn in school are grey or white. I am seeing a multitude of colours at the moment and that should not be the case. If you are unsure of what the school uniform is, please remember to check on our website. You will find the uniform list in the parents’ section of the website.

We have a long weekend to look forward to next week which means we do not return to school until Tuesday. There is still lots happening in school though as Year 4 are visiting the Mariners Base on Tuesday to take part in more adventurous and outdoor activities and then on Wednesday Year 5 are off to the Lincolnsfield Activity Centre for 2 nights. During the summer term there is always so much going on that we rarely have all the classes in for a full week.

I hope you all enjoy the long weekend. There is still a lot of rain forecast for the weekend but I am hoping the forecast is wrong. I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday.

No comments: