Friday 1 May 2015


I am writing this blog after watching the Year 1 assembly. One of the best parts of my job is watching the class assemblies and the Year 1 performance did not disappoint. It is great to see children so young presenting so confidently and obviously taking such pleasure and pride in their learning. I know all the parents thought it was great and it is a lovely way to head into the Bank Holiday weekend. As well as the amazing children I would like to thank all the Year 1 staff for their efforts in putting together a lovely assembly.

This week we also had our Literacy workshop for the KS2 parents and pupils. My staff had prepared some lovely activities for the event and all those that attended found it a very enjoyable experience. I was a little disappointed in the number that turned out, especially after all the preparation that had been put in. I hope that next week when we have the Foundation and Year 2 workshops on Wednesday evening there will be a better turnout.  We get asked many times by parents how they can support their children’s learning at home and we run events like this to disseminate this information because we cannot do it by sending sheets home or putting something on the website.

Although it is only a four day week next week because of the Bank holiday we still have a lot going on in school. Wednesday is a particularly busy day as we have some drama workshops for Reception and Key Stage One during the day and we have the literacy workshops that I talked about above after school. We also have the ‘Le Gros’ netball tournament at Mount Grace for the older children and we wish them every success in that. Some pupils from Year 4 are also taking part in a technology challenge on Thursday morning so there is certainly a lot to look forward to.

 I hope you do all have a great weekend. The forecast is not good but that is typical for a Bank Holiday so I am sure we will not let it dampen our spirits. I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday.

   

No comments: