Friday 16 November 2018


It has been a very exciting day in school today and it is still not over. As it is ‘Children in Need’ all the children have come to school without their uniform which they love and many have also brought their teddies into school which has also caused great excitement.

We had our first class assembly of the year this morning and Year 5 treated us all to a very informative and interesting assembly about the Ancient Greeks. It was well received by everyone and I would like to thank the whole class for putting on such a good assembly for us. I would also like to thank Mr. da Rocha, Mrs Onley and Mrs Pittson for all their hard work in putting the assembly together.

Last weekend, as many of you know, we held our annual firework display with the Rotary. Unfortunately, the weather was not kind to us and it rained for most of the evening although it did ease off a little just before the display started. The fireworks were still very good though and everyone who did turn out was still very pleased with the display. I would like to thank all of those people who came out in the rain to support us and I would like to give special thanks to all the members of the PTA, Rotary and my staff who gave up their time to help run the event. Although I know that takings will be down on last year’s we will still have raised a lot of money for the school and I will inform you of how much we have raised as soon as I find out the amount. The next big event that the PTA are running is the Christmas Fayre which is on Sunday, December 9th. It is going to be a little bit different this year and one of the new highlights is going to be an ice-rink which I know the children will really enjoy.

May I just give you all a gentle reminder that the only snack the children can eat at break time is fruit or vegetables. Children in KS1 get this for free but in KS2 children can bring their own snack in for break time if they want to have something to eat. It has been brought to my attention that some children are bringing in biscuits or chocolate bars to have as a snack and this is not acceptable.

This week some of our Year 3 and Year 4 pupils took part in an indoor athletic event at Dame Alice Owen School against other primary Potters Bar schools. We finished second and were only two points behind the team that won. I would like to extend my congratulations to all the children who took part and to Mr Mills for all his work in preparing the children for the competition.

As I said at the beginning of my blog it has been an exciting day and it is not over because we still have our cake sale to look forward to which I will go and help with when I have finished writing my blog. Once we have held the sale we will add all the money to that which has already been collected from the children for not wearing their uniform and we will then send it to the ‘Children in Need’ fund. I will let you know how much we raised in my blog next week.

I hope you all have a great weekend –I have a meeting to attend on Monday morning so I will not see you on the gate but I should be there to greet you all on Tuesday morning.

No comments: