Friday 23 October 2020

 

I know I say it most weeks but I cannot believe how quickly this week has gone. I have had a lot of meetings and conferences this week (all of them virtually) and the time has just flown. I must admit that spending so much time in front of a computer is not me and I will be much happier when we can return to meeting people in person although I do not think that that will happen for a long time yet.

However, the end of the half term is here and we have all got to the end of it successfully. I am really pleased with how everyone has pulled together to get us through these challenging times. There were lots of changes in the beginning of the term but we are all used to them now. I have to agree with the government that the best place for children is in school so I am sure that by continuing with these routines we will be able to help minimise the spread of the virus which will help to reduce the chances of us getting a case in school.

Over the last week and a half, we have held our telephone parent consultations. All the teachers have given me lots of positive feedback about them and I hope you found them useful and informative. It is obviously not as we would have liked to have done things but at least you all had the opportunity to touch base with the teachers about your child’s learning in school. Do remember though that if you have any concerns about your child you can contact your class teacher by email or telephone at any time.

Half term is now before us and I think we are all looking forward to the break even though perhaps we are not going to be spending it as we expected we would – I know I am certainly not but I am looking forward to the break. May I remind all KS2 parents that the children will need to come back after the holiday in their winter uniform so some of them may need to practise tying their ties during the holiday. May I also say that one of our procedures for keeping the spread of the virus down is to ventilate the classrooms well so I will be allowing the children to wear their fleeces in class or coats if they need to so that they can stay warm in class. We will have the heating on as well but the children may still feel a little cold because of us needing to keep some of the windows open.

I hope you all have a great holiday – remember to keep yourself safe by following all the Covid 19 guidelines and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, November 2nd.

No comments: