Friday 18 December 2020

 We have had one ’elf ‘ of a day in school to finish the term. It brought an air of cheer to the school and I think that most of the children enjoyed the experience (even some of the Year 6). You can see what I looked like below as I posed in my outfit with the Year 1 Class. I would like to thank you all for all your donations for the food banks. With all that has happened this year there are more people than ever reliant on these banks to help them feed their families and it is good to think that our fun event will help these people to have a better Christmas.

We are lucky that we have made it through the term without any major disruptions. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I type this (very difficult) because I know other schools have not been as fortunate but I hope we will be as lucky next term. My husband has been told that once 2 million people are vaccinated it will have a major impact on reducing the spread of Covid 19 so let us hope that information is true and it means that we can get back to returning to the life that we had before this horrible virus descended upon us.

I do think that the children have enjoyed being back to school and, after a couple of weeks, did get used to following school routines again. As the autumn term is the longest one, the children are always quite tired by the end of it and do deserve a good rest so they feel re-energised and refreshed when they return in January. Even though they will not be getting the Christmas they are used to I am sure they will still all have a good time. I have told them to remember this Christmas because they are living through a memorable time in their history and, in years to come when they get to my age, they can retell to all their children what it was like to live through Christmas 2020 (or even the whole year).

To finish I would to thank all the people who sent me gifts – they are not necessary but very much appreciated. I hope you all remain safe and well during the holiday and you all have a good time – in spite of all the restrictions. I look forward to welcoming you all back in 2021 on Tuesday, January 5th.


No comments: