Friday 28 May 2021

 

At last we have had some sunshine! I was beginning to think the sun was lost! I need to be careful what I say though because I was saying this to a member of staff and a reception child quite rightly corrected me by informing me that the sun can never get lost and it is always there. I certainly got put in my place!

I normally fill my blog with all the events that have been taking place in the school but unfortunately, because of Covid, they are not taking place. We do have all the after school clubs running and even though they have been slightly amended to ensure we follow Covid guidance they do make the school feel a much more vibrant place when they are running. We are still hoping that from June 21st we will be able to allow events such as Sports Day to take place with parents on site to watch but whether or not we will be able to do this depends on the next round of guidance from the government. Somebody has told me that this will happen on June 7th but as soon as we know how we can proceed I will write to all of you to inform you. This may be a couple of days after the government announcement when I have had it confirmed how the changes will impact schools.

I hope you all have a great half-term. There is more that we can do during this break compared to previous holidays so it should make it a little more exciting for us. Remember we have scheduled our occasional day to be on the end of this half term so the children are not due back in school until Tuesday, 8th June. Let us hope that the sunshine continues – if it does I may even be brave enough to get my summer wardrobe out of the loft.

No comments: