Friday 23 September 2022

 It has been a very busy day in school as all the children have been having their photographs taken. I do laugh at the different approach that the children take to getting their photograph taken as some children make a big fuss with their appearance and others just plonk themselves in front of the camera without a care of how they look. I do admire people who have this attitude towards having their photo taken as I am not a fan of having a camera placed in front of me. They say a mirror never lies but I do think it is kinder than a photograph - especially for those who are advancing in years. 

Next week is a very busy week in school because we have the ‘Bikeability ‘ team in school to help the Year 6 improve their cycling skills. I do think that this is a very important thing to do because there is a lot of traffic on the roads and if children are going to ride their bikes to and from school they need to know how to keep themselves safe. As the children bring their bikes into school on the Monday morning it may be a little more crowded in front of the school when you drop your children off at school.

We also have a Book Fair arriving in school next week and it will be open to purchase books from September 29th –October 4th from 3.15pm -4.00pm (Nursery parents will have an extra session on Monday, 3rd October from 11.45am -12.15pm). We have not held one of these for the last couple of years because of Covid restrictions but I do hope that as many of you as possible can attend. Remember – the more you buy, the more money will be awarded to the school to buy books for our own library which means that all the children benefit. You have all been so generous in the past and I hope you will be able to show the same generosity again.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again next week.

No comments: