Friday 30 September 2022

 The most common thing that I have heard this week is, “Hasn’t it gone cold!” I think we have certainly all noticed the change this week. I thought that my summer wardrobe could last another couple of weeks but I certainly think that I will be getting my winter wardrobe out of the loft this weekend.

I am afraid that I am going to have to have a little moan this week. As usual, a lot of the children have been leaving their school jumpers out in the school playground (they do not appear to feel the cold like I do). Unfortunately, we have only been able to return half of these jumpers back to their rightful owners because the other half did not have any names in. Throughout the year I am constantly reminding parents to label children’s clothes and yet we still find uniform that is unmarked. We do have a lost property box which is overflowing with un-named uniform and that is a real shame. I do have some parents complaining that their children have lost uniform but if it is un-named it makes the job much harder to return it to its rightful owner. Please do check your children’s uniform over the weekend to make sure that it is all clearly labelled so that if they do lose it they can have it returned to them.

The main event of next week is our Harvest Festival event which is happening on Friday. The time slots went out in the last newsletter but I have listed them below to remind you of when they are. Remember that if you have two or more children in the school you can just have them all in one slot if that is more convenient for you. We are asking for donations of cakes and biscuits to serve at the event and these can be brought into school from Thursday.

Harvest Festival Times

9.30 – 10.00am – Years 1 & 2

10.00 -10.30am – Nursery & Reception

10.30 -11.00am – Years 5 & 6

11.00 – 11.30am – Years 3 & 4

I hope you all have a great weekend – even though it is getting colder we are due to have some sunshine. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: