Friday 7 October 2022

 I do like ending the week with something uplifting and I do think that our Harvest Festival gave us that this morning. It is great to have everyone in school and I know that parents and family members always enjoy listening to the children sing songs. I would like to thank everyone for sending in donations of cakes and biscuits and also for donating so generously this morning. We decided to support UNICEF this time because there are so many horrible things happening in the world at the moment that it was hard to choose one so I chose UNICEF because they support all children who are suffering in the world. We managed to raise an impressive £632.79 so everyone who contributed should feel very proud of their efforts.

It was good to have an enjoyable event this morning because it has been quite a challenging week in school. We have had a horrible virus going through the school and it has meant that a lot of staff have been absent as they have been unwell. This has caused a little bit of disruption in school but fortunately the staff who have remained well have managed to cover their colleagues. As school staff all know the children and where they are with their learning it has meant that the disruption to the children’s learning has been kept to a minimum.

There are more exciting events to look forward to next week. On Monday we have our first Sharing Assembly of the year –the parents of children who are taking part will have been informed by letter. On Friday we then have our first class assembly of the year. We are starting our cycle with Year 5 as we always do. I know the children love putting these on and get very excited performing in front of their parents and the whole school. I also love watching these and whenever I watch them they always give me an uplift for the weekend so I have something to look forward to at the end of next week as well.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I am hoping that the weekend will provide a ‘Circuit breaker’ for this virus that is going around and that everyone is well by Monday so we can all have a more settled week. 

No comments: