Friday 25 November 2022

 We have had a lovely end to the week as Year 4 performed their assembly to the school this morning. Their assembly was based on all the learning they have covered this term and was thoroughly enjoyed by all who watched it. One of the best things about it was I could tell how much the children enjoyed presenting it to all their families and the school. I would like to thank all the children for all the hard work they put into their assembly and I would also like to thank Mrs Bidder and Mrs Stevenson for all their hard work in helping Year 4 put the assembly together.

Last Friday was also an exciting day in school because it was ‘Children in Need’ and if you can remember we all came to school wearing spots. I am delighted to inform you that we managed to raise an impressive £265.15. This is up £50 on last year’s donations which I think is really amazing when you consider how all families’ budgets are being stretched due to the significant increase in the cost of living. It just proves how everybody wants to support this amazing charity and all the good cause they support.

It has been a very busy time in school sports wise because the children have been taking part in a lot of sports matches. Below is a picture of me with the netball team just after our 6-5 victory over Cuffley School.  

 

 

 I do think that it is great that all the sports leagues have started again and I know by the numbers of parents attending that you all enjoy it as well. May I just give you all a gentle reminder that when you are watching that you do need to respect the referees and their decisions. I did hear some children talking this week about how they had been robbed of a victory because of an unfair decision and part of their judgement had been based on adult comments that they had heard. We insist that all children need to abide by the decisions of the officials running the games and we expect parents to follow this policy as well. 

I hope you all have a great weekend. Preparations are well underway for Christmas in school and I expect they are for you as well –the great day will be upon us before we know it. I look forward to welcoming you all back to school on Monday.

No comments: