Friday 4 November 2022

 I hope you all had a wonderful half term. I actually went away and had a lovely relaxing break although I still have the cold virus that I had before the half–term break. I have been checked out and told that a lot of people are suffering with this at the moment and it could be another 4-6 weeks until the cough goes. I just hope that it has gone in time for Christmas!

Before half–term does feel like a long time ago but I am sure that you can remember that on the last Friday all the children came to school dressed in red to support the ’Red for Racism’ day. We did ask for a £1 donation in exchange for not wearing uniform and I am delighted to inform you that we managed to raise £151.00 for the anti-racism movement. I would like to thank everyone who made a donation towards this cause.

It has been brought to my attention that some parents are encouraging children to enter the school before we officially open the doors at 8.40am. We already open the doors 10 minutes before our official opening time of 8.50am and we open the gates to the playground so people do not have to stand on the road. Children should not enter the school before 8.40am (unless they are a Year 6 pupil carrying out their morning job) and if they need to enter the school before 8.40am for any reason they should do so via the school office. If we find that people do not follow our expectations, then we will have keep our playground gates locked until 8.40am so that we can make sure that children do not enter the school before the correct time.

The big event for this weekend is our annual firework display. I know that this is a very popular event and all the children look forward to it. The forecast is not promising but as long as you are well wrapped up you will not notice the weather once the fireworks start. You also cannot rely on the weather apps because they all said it would rain all day on Thursday and it only rained in the morning. It would be a real shame if your children missed out on a fun packed evening just because of a little bit of inclement weather.

I will be there on Saturday so do say hello if I pass you. We can then talk about all the fun we had at the fireworks when we return to school on Monday. 

No comments: