Friday 24 March 2023

 I cannot believe that we break up for Easter next week. This term feels like it has flown by but I also think the reason that I cannot believe that it is nearly Easter is because of the weather. When is the warmer weather going to arrive? I am really tired of having to wear layers to stay warm and although they keep telling us that we are not getting enough rain I feel like I am standing out in the rain quite a lot. Sometimes, at this time of year, we have allowed the children to start playing on the field again but it has been too damp for us to allow them to do this. Let us hope that the weather picks up over the Easter break.

As you all probably remember it was Red Nose Day last Friday and our contribution towards this worthy event was to sell the red noses. This year we managed to raise £376 and I would like to thank everyone who did purchase a nose from us. Unfortunately, we did not sell all the noses that we purchased. I think this is because they only had one design and the design itself was not very strong. I know that a few children broke their noses almost as soon as they opened them –I do think that the creators will have to re-think their design for next year.

The big event for next week is the Year 3,4 and 5 production of ‘Pirates of the Curry Bean’. There have been lots of rehearsals for the show this week and from the parts I have seen you are all in for a treat next week. For those of you with children in those year groups make sure that you have reserved your tickets for the performances –you certainly do not want to miss out. We also have a ‘Sharing assembly’ on Monday morning so I will also see some of you at that.

Despite the fact that the weather is still not warm I hope you all have a good weekend. If the weather is bad outside it does give us a good excuse to do nothing but relax on the sofa.9

No comments: